Dr. Arthur Pleijsier is a tax lawyer with over 30 years of experience. In March 1980 his career in healthcare started when he commenced his nursing training. Three years later he joined the Dutch Tax Authorities where he started to work in the archives. He left seven years later as a tax inspector with an academic background. After that he worked for Arthur Andersen and the Maastricht University. In 2000 he obtained a PhD degree on a study about the Agency Permanent Establishment and switched to Ernst & Young and the Utrecht University. From 2003-2012 he worked as a senior global tax director for Medtronic Inc. a US multinational in the Life Sciences industry. From 2012 to 2013 Arthur worked as a C-Suite executive for Lombard International Assurance in Luxembourg, responsible for tax, legal and strategy. In 2014 he worked as a Transfer Pricing and Business Restructuring partner for Taxand Netherlands in Amsterdam. In 2015 he started Eurofiscus with offices in Maastricht and since 2018 offices in Zürich, Switzerland.
- Masters degree in taxation (Tilburg University, The Netherlands)
- PhD degree on an international study of the Agency Permanent Establishment (Maastricht University, The Netherlands)
- Executive leadership program Medtronic / Wharton Business School (USA)
- Tax Assurance executive program (Nyenrode Business University, The Netherlands)
- Professional Services Leader executive program (Cambridge University, Churchill College, United Kingdom)
- Tax inspector Dutch Tax Authorities
- International Tax Manager Arthur Andersen
- Associate professor International Tax Law Maastricht University & Utrecht University
- Senior International Tax Manager Ernst & Young
- Senior International Tax Director Medtronic Inc.
- C-Suite executive, Head of Tax, Legal & Strategy Lombard International Assurance Luxembourg
- Of-counsel partner Transfer Pricing Taxand Netherlands